Friday 7 September 2012

KISHIMOTO recent interview JULY 2012

KISHIMOTO recent interview JULY 2012
as expected by every naruto manga reader naruto is around its end and about 100 chapters are left.this is is recent interview given by author masashi kishimoto

"The reason you started to write Naruto?"
"At the beginning, I thought I'd write a story about ramen... something about the relationship between noodles and soup. But that was no good, so I passed that part over to the protagonist's name and started to write about Japanese ninja."

"The theme that you fussed over the most?"
"The idea of being acknowledged, of wanting to be acknowledged. I gave the protagonist my own feelings of wanting to be acknowledged by my manga's editor."

"The class of readers that you keep in mind (when writing)?"
"First of all, children... second year schoolboys in middle school. Even if I have to prostrate myself, please watch me! The feelings held by second year schoolboys in middle school are a real treasure."

"Did something happen when you were in the second year of middle school?"
"I decided I wanted to become a professional mangaka."

"Your rival?"
"There are many. I can't narrow it down to just one. All the Jump authors are rivals with each other. Though the most frightening of all are the newcomers whose talent still hasn't come out."


"Let me ask you something about your exciting work, that is so greatly admired. Can we already see the end of the story on the horizon?"

"Not everything is set in stone just yet... like for example, in what way I'm going to show it - but the way I'm going to end it has been decided pretty clearly. So from now on, it will just be a matter of running towards that point."

"...in that case, you have in mind even the very last volume."

"No, you won't be able to read something like that. (laugh) The story really hasn't progressed as much as I was expecting. About three years ago, at JF, I said that I would give Kakashi more to do in the manga... and yet I still haven't been able to do that. Honestly, I myself don't know how much it will take. Nishio-san, who takes care of the character designs for the anime, also asked me for how long the story would continue... and I answered 'About one year and a half'. But it seems like it will take longer than that."

"Can we be expecting any more surprises?"

"There are still quite a few. Some characters who originally weren't going to appear will come up again. And then... well, things are going to get exciting with Naruto, so please give me your support."


"Is there any material that you weren't able to insert in this year's movie?"

"I intended to insert all the things that were inside my head. It's just that I also have some novel ideas. There is some material that I probably won't be able to insert in the original work, but if I get the okay of the editorial department, secretly I'd like to insert it somewhere, like in a non-serialized story... some suspensful developments... the details are a secret, but there are many challenges that I'd like to face."

No comments:

Post a Comment